The electronic Safety Management System (eSMS-S™) is a web based SMS tool. In a nutshell, the system is a secure web-site based tool and fulfils all fundamental ICAO and SA CAA requirements as regards SMS implementation. It has numerous features. The system contains SMS information and both passive and active Tools. To mention just a few of the features:
- Store all Master documentation – policies / procedures / checklists / forms, and the system produces a Master list of Manuals
- File accident / incident / hazard / bird strike reports and send them via the system to others for comment and reply. They can be closed out and filed in the system.
- Raise an Agenda for a Safety Meeting and write the Minutes during the meeting via the system so that the Minutes are complete before you leave the meeting.
- Plan Emergency response Exercises – and once complete the system stores a history of ER Exercises.Manage the major Changes in your company (Management of Change is an SMS requirement).
- There is a Currency Management System in place – like your pilot currency board (but one for each category of crew member, employee, aircraft and hangar equipment)
- An Audit Tool is in place to assist you compile audit reports.
- There is also a Risk Assessment Tool/Safety Case/Management of Change tool to assist this process and simplify it.
- Basic statistical tools for trend monitoring are now available and are being enhanced.
- There is a communication system including:
- There is a Red Tag system.
- There is a Safety Newsflash system.
- There is an email alert when you are requested to comment on an Air Safety Report.
Because the system is web-site based you can access the system and all your data and documentation from anywhere in the world. A manual can be updated in Cape Town to-day and you can download it immediately in Kigali, Antananarivo, London or anywhere else - immediately.
Importantly, the system is:
- Very simple to use: we will continue to grow the system in line with our Users requirements but it will remain a simple to use system.
- Very inexpensive: via a monthly subscription
Please see the demonstration video on the Home page of this web-site.
Introduction to eSMS-S™
To get a better understanding of eSMS-S™ we have provided a short demonastrational video together to reveal the power of eSMS-S™.
Join Litson and Associates founder, Mike Litson, as he explores the power of eSMS-S™.
Note: This video is best experienced using a high speed internet connection.