LEAD AUDITOR COURSE OVERVIEW
Duration: 3 Days
This Aviation Lead Auditor training course is tailor-made for internal company auditors in the aviation industry.
Participants will encounter recognised standards such as the OGP Aircraft Management Guidelines and the FSF Basic Aviation Risk Standards, the focus here being on practical work in the form of aviation case studies and leading an audit team.
Participants will be evaluated on their performance as team leaders as well as on their ability to interpret the relevant Standards in practical situations.
The Lead Auditor course contains aviation-specific material, which is intended to create debate and discussion amongst experienced internal company auditors. The aim is to prepare the participants to be able to lead an audit team. Participants will learn how to arrange, conduct and finalise an audit as the lead auditor.
- Matric or equivalent senior school qualification or recognition of prior learning
- Good communication both in written and spoken English
- It is recommended that a Safety Management Systems training course be attended and passed prior to doing the Aviation Lead Auditor training course
- Participants are expected to have passed the L&A Quality Management System and Auditing (QMSA) course (or proof provided that an Auditing course of a similar standard was attended and passed)
- Participants are expected to have a minimum of 1 year of aviation auditing experience and/or have undertaken a minimum of 6 audits prior to attending this course
- Must have held an aviation position for 2 years
Welcome, Registration and Introduction, course photograph
Module 1 Introduction to and review of the Lead Auditor Course
Module 2 Auditing and Aviation Safety Objectives
Module 3 Handout and discussion on practical assessment (Day 3)
Module 4 Standards and industry references
Module 5 Lead Auditor Environment
Module 6 Attributes of a Lead Auditor
Module 7 Responsibilities of a Lead Auditor
Module 8 Audit team selection, compilation and resource management
Module 9 The Lead Auditor and the audit process
Module 10 Trending and tracking audit results
Module 11 Annual Audit Planning
Module 12 Auditing, Quality and Safety Culture
Module 13 Written evaluation
Module 14 Practical: Audit Assessment